The History of music videos
Music videos have been around for as long as I can remember, they are specifically used to describe or depict a narrative of story essentially a short film which advertises the music itself. Firstly starting off with 1930s music was starting to change featuring different music videos for songs.
As I was researching songs from the 60s I found a track from Nancy Sinatra called these boots are made for walking this title was released in the early 60s it was one of the first music videos to actually feature color. There are many ways this video is different it uses sexual imagery a lot a more as it focuses on the females legs. This also has a very good dance and rhythm to the video. This is one of the first music videos to actually spark an era of female sexualised themes.
It has a very interesting video as it is set in a studio with just a group of girls dancing in front of the camera. It uses Meise en scene to its effect and it also uses a wide range of dance moves.
https://youtu.be/SbyAZQ45uww
This is the link to the video as I said this is a very interesting track as music was not able to be downloaded because there was no internet this sold successfully due to the amount of records it produced.
No comments:
Post a Comment